As you may have gathered from previous posts, I enjoy doing time lapses of me doing things. My pixel work really lends itself to this process, for one thing it’s fairly easy to line up the pictures (especially with the new app I have for my iPhone – “OverCam Lite” which lets me overlay the camera image with a previous one).
My latest “fun” project is also my biggest to date, at over 3300 perler/hama beads at 15″ across.
He really is quite a beast! I was hoping to do a charizard that was even bigger but alas I was missing a particular shade of orange that would have made him perfect. I don’t expect him to making an appearance in the Etsy shop any time soon, I’d need to really suss out the best way to ship something as large as him first. But he goes for $60 and will be making an appearance at Fan Expo with me in August (assuming he doesn’t sell before then!) if you’re interested!
And the animation!
Seems so easy when 4+ hours of work are compressed into a couple of seconds!
Here’s an old animation I did a few years ago of another project:
This one I did using a tripod, so it lines up better. At some point I really should rig something up and do a time lapse overhead video of me doing a larger sprite.
That sprite is what I was using for my older style plants:
I’ve moved onto a more symmetrical (and stable) version, and a new potting material that doesn’t make me sneeze like crazy.
These guys sell like hot cakes so I never seem to have a good picture of them, so please excuse the rough blur job on the mess that is my living room!
Now please excuse me while I start rigging shelving units and sticks above my coffee table to attempt to do a video of my spriting!
So last week was Valentine’s day, and while I played LOTR: War in the North online with complete strangers and ate discounted chocolate, I had a thought (yeah, just the one). There’s plenty of online shopping guides/suggestive advertisements for what to get your geeky male counterpart for Valentine’s day, but little out there for us ladies. And by ladies, I mean me, since I can’t speak for every geek girl out there. Sorry guys, but sometimes you need a hint. And by hint, I mean a public blog post.
Here is my list of things you should buy me if you wish to win and/or preserve my affection (significant other, I’m looking at you).
- If you get me flowers, even potted flowers, THEY WILL DIE. Unless, of course, they are pixelated.
- Online gaming credits/coins/cards: I have enough IRL clothes, (seriously, I’m addicted to teefury) but my avatar may fancy a new pair of demon horns or an animated panda pet.
- Herpes! Give your lovely lady the STI she’s never wanted, and still keep your testicles! (also, no one needs this many plushies, but they’re adorable so that’s irrelevant).
- Skyrim: It speaks for itself. In fact, why haven’t you gotten this yet? (Why hasn’t she left your ass?! YOUR HARDDRIVE MUST BE HUUUUUGE!)
- Robot soap is cool (so are bowties). Ya know whats cool about robots? Everything. Being clean is alright, too. There are a bunch of these adorable hygiene products available on etsy.
- Jewelry: This brings us back to the flowers thing. I don’t want just any kind of jewelry (and not just because I work in an accessory/clothing store and I’m around that shit every day). I want something unique, but still cute. Like these adorable pixilated heart earrings, or anything made by these amazingly talented ladies: SHAMELESS PLUG! Our blog, do what I want!
- And last but not not least- Artwork! Most of us like art, be that pop art, classical, video game art of anime screen shots, what have you. And maybe yer’missus thinks herself too mature for posters nowadays (pfft). There is a solution! Awesome poster like things referred to as “art prints”. They look like posters, but they cost more, and are usually… smaller? I’m going to save my geeky art favorites for another post, cause there are way too many, but here’s something for the doctor who fans that I found really neat!
And there you have it. I hope this list gets you laid. Much love and sexy times,